West Gippsland Healthcare Group provides acute medical and surgical, obstetric, emergency, community and aged care services, primarily in the Shire of Baw Baw, approximately 100 kms east of Melbourne.
West Gippsland Healthcare Group comprises a number of sites. They are Baw Baw Health and Community Care Centre, Community Services Centres in Warragul and Trafalgar, Cooinda Lodge Aged Care Residence, Rawson Community Health Centre, Andrews House Aged Care Residence, Warragul Linen Service and West Gippsland Hospital.
West Gippsland Healthcare Group's history dates back to 1888 when the community established a hospital to service the area between Melbourne and Sale. A member of an early settler family, Mary Sargeant, donated the land on which West Gippsland Hospital, the main campus of the Group, now stands.
WGHG held its Annual General Meeting on 12th November at the Warragul Reception & Conference Centre which saw 130 people from the community attend.
Club 88 recently donated $1,500 to the Oncology Unit at West Gippsland Hospital.
Full accreditation status for WGHG
WGHG currently has the following accreditation ratings:
• Full Aged Care accreditation rating with full compliance to all 44 criteria for Andrews House and Cooinda Lodge
• Full accreditation for our hospital and community services under EQuIPNational
• Full accreditation meeting 3 standards and 18 expected outcomes for our Home and Community Care Services (HACC) under the Community Care Common Standards
• Warragul Linen Service full accreditation ISO 9001 Quality Management System
• Community services registration under the Children, Youth and Families Act, 2005
• Full food safety certification
• Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative Accreditation
To improve the health and wellbeing of our community.
West Gippsland Healthcare Group is committed to the provision of high quality, integrated health care that meets the changing needs of individuals and our community.
For all maternity bookings or enquiries, please call
(03) 5623 0811 or email email@example.com